Friday, July 8, 2011

Confusion Worse Confounded

Everything is connected and intertwined...but the farrago of varied ideas and systems of thought have turned into a big mess impotent to form a synthesis, unable to find a clear ideation. As my professor was lecturing today on Aurobindo's Philosophy and Integralism, the necessity of going beyond the physicality of things, from finite to infinite and so and so, suddenly a desire for a complete ignorance came over me...the bafflement of a confused soul...it's better not to be aware of all these possibilities of elevations and the blindness of self- limited human intelligentsia than to be known about all these and still failing to be there in that illumined state. 

There is this notion that we view the world through language. My world is thoroughly bewitched by language for my major concern is 'language' and its beauty...the technical as well as the aesthetic aspects of it. Along with it goes the critical interpretation and analysis of the splendid ideas expressed through this wonderful means. One idea overlaps the other...a whirlwind of theories, ideas, imaginations and concepts...a platter of myriad perspectives...I sympathize and  empathize with characters standing from their different zones and perspectives and there comes the sterility of a proper judgement because each character has it's own undeniable justification to make. This is not a romantic gibberish but a reality in which I wade through. It's all about "life", the limitlessness and profundity of literature, its ability to play with our emotions and feelings, touching the subtlest of our sensibilities, molding the centers and peripheries of human psyche. 

My prof once told me that what we get from all these, (by pruning and refining the wilderness of our intellect) is a final solace! Am I getting that final solace? Isn't that solace seems so distant and unreachable when ideas often augment rather than taming the wilderness. Undoubtedly he deserves the claim of that solace since he is a mature sagacious full fledged individual who perfectly knows how to channelize his acquired erudition where as I am only a wobbling beginner stuck and perplexed in the midst of these upsurging confusion. So may be I should be much more patient and awaiting for some time to march on calmly inorder to inweave a proper cognition...!

PS: Apologies for this muddled piece since I typed this out of a sheer need for deluging my chaotic musings crossing the sleepy frontiers of a restless night!


12 comments:

  1. The ultimate solace might be a few steps away, but knowing the beauty of achieving it, covers half the distance...

    Also, I feel the ultimate solace would be to be able to express even the littlest of emotions through perfect words....I think that is the toughest thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 'Girl With a Silver Pen'...nice thought!

    He he...I liked the idea of Anonymous's SPINNING...turned the whole thing into an utter comic! But I fear it's not a safe option since it may land me into some 'mentally challenged'...(well that's it)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already have the answer you are looking for, you just don't believe it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. May be...:-)(Though sometimes I just don't know what am I actually looking for).
    I have no idea who you are but thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like u naznu...u r such a casual rockng dude when u r with us...but this is a different complex u...keep writing u creative nutshell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The journey of self discovery begins with you at the finish line, running backwards. The more you want it, the harder you focus; the faster you run.

    Stop!

    Don't look, find...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Femil...I am complex only in the inside huh...mmwah darling:-)

    @Anonymous: You are pretty interesting...I wish you were not "anonymous"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic piece nasnin dear
    loved the spinning theory.. haha..
    boogy woogy woogy.. turn urself a round.. and shake it all about....
    lovely indeed:) enjoyed .. thnx to anonymous too for the vivid pictures ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha...thanks a lot Pygma dear...anonymous rocks I think...it's good to literally spin once in a while:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice piece.. you are very good with words and the way you fuse them together are really nice.. Hope u have tried ur hands on poetry..! funny comments too.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi KP...am interested in poetry but am more in ease with prose...thanks for your compliment...feels glad:-)

    ReplyDelete