Monday, October 8, 2012

To churn my dreams within the vortex of your eyes!


Sometime there is this piercing loudness of the subconscious voice. It grows louder with a violence so destructive and inexorable. And then all the past musings that the mind had undergone lie somewhere like a cold corpse mocking at the absurd existence it had all these time. Mocking at the smiles it had smiled, the giggles and the goose bumps, the laughter and the momentous joys, stormy sorrows and turbulent love. Loneliness brings a murkiness, an emptiness that the mind never wants to confront with a hanging head and weary eyes. It imagines weird moments and possible disasters that you have read or heard occurred to someone somewhere before. Sometimes I feel there are thousand bits of shriek brewing deep down in the chambers that I myself fail to render even by a sigh. Or my voice cannot reach me as if I watch me drowning on a pond from a window far above on a rainy day, with a mind wet and feverish, frozen and lifeless.

There comes a burning stir in the gut when an impulse of alienation circles me amidst a crowd. The thought of never being understood by anyone, I cannot fully utter my feelings and ideas with a zest I had sometime before. I look at people’s eyes and find a kind of absorption that tells me to speak only what they want to hear. Eyes that show within one glance all their fatigue, preoccupations and conditions that they have assimilated in this life. It’s as if they have been here for centuries and tired of getting aged anymore. I can hold hands and still never felt to be touched at all. I can talk and cannot hear myself. 

 Sometimes I enjoy fancying myself falling for an unrequited love. Loving someone who fails to comprehend your art of love so unique and intense would be fascinating. To churn your dreams within the vortex of your eyes. The pain gnawing your days, the longings, the frustration and jealousy scrubbing my existence into a sparkling crystal. Emotions embarking a new travel that wipe off the haziness on the path that hampered by a sober ordinariness. I yearn to love than to be loved. I may lack passion but not the appreciation of it. I may lack emotion but not the recognition of it. And I wish to be less indifferent to the ones who don’t seem so appealing to me. There are legendary souls yet to be discovered. Fallacious impressions should not be allowed to dissipate the chances of knowing them. There is an old dilapidating castle within me that has to be demolished just to grow a garden full of intoxicating grapes that was forbidden to be tasted for ages. And there will be a time to pluck some by the hands that watered it. And then the sky will be grey and the storm will begin.   



18 comments:

  1. People these days. The ones that were honest and trusting no build walls around themselves and those that talk rubbish and betray trust, hand out the bricks.

    There are people out there who you can talk to, while being yourself. There are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing sometimes reminds of dreams I have had in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many things that I want to say about this post, but the space and the location, restricts me. When you talk about the sense of alienation - you touched a chord that I find myself encountering with alarming frequency ! The whole idea of loving than being loved - it brings about a familiar churning... And this line is going to haunt me for quite a while now - " I may lack passion but not the appreciation of it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ankur,

      I wish you would have said so many things here...I appreciate the way you savour my post...some comments give a kind of gratification that's far more than when I write:) Thanks a lot:)

      Delete
  4. http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/545656_374428432588271_1213933781_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no words at all for the innumerable thoughts churning within me after reading this post. You have said some very very beautiful and god-awfully true things here. My work stands no where near yours. It is you who is mastering such an exquisite craft. Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot:) You are yourself a beautiful writer! Loved your page:)

      Delete
  6. If I had just one word to describe this blog post I would say "Haunting" and for the privilege of two, I would say, "Hauntingly beautiful".

    Everyone has access to words but only the least few can arrange them to form such beautiful patterns of thought. But to be fair with all the critics, and your posts in entirety, I would suggest you use simpler words, the simpler the more beautiful; only a great writer can convey real beauty using the simplest words, and I believe you are way ahead on your way to being one.

    Thanks again for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for this beautiful comment:) And yes your suggestion does hold that aesthetic fact to be significant..."the simpler the more beautiful"...may be it links and syncs well with the charisma of "spontaneity" and "naturality" that a simpler word can effervesces with the entire character and feel of a writing! Things become "haunting" when there is a compelling revival of the familiar and the simple:)

      Sometimes I get the most sensible responses from some "anonymous"! Well I should learn to appreciate anonymity. Anonymity is better than pretentious identities ! Thanks for being here:)

      Delete
    2. Dear, I am far from anonymous to you, I just didn't think my identity had anything to do with what I had to say in the above comment. You can easily spot me if you really want to know (hint: G+).

      I wasn't just talking about aesthetics, but also of greatness and beauty in broader context. You know more on literature than me and I wouldn't dare to challenge you. But I would like to say some things about the beauty of simplicity that I know of and I have learnt from my own experience:

      My current relationship with literature goes as far as technology books, some philosophy and little biology (more due to the fact that I am interested in Artificial Intelligence, and hence, the human thought process). I don't usually read fiction. I dislike fiction because.. well.. it is fiction - I hate Emma and Pride & Prejudice. Why am I telling you this? To prove to you that we are two individuals from two completely different worlds, and yet you managed to penetrate mine with this simple and beautiful stream of words which used to exist as your complex thoughts. As a writer, you are still young and that gives you the advantage to have enough time to chose your audience- the “masses” or the “literary intellectuals”; both are equally good, but the former (which also includes the latter but not vice versa) is more challenging and hence, I believe, requires more of the quality you call "greatness". Look at most of the greatest artists, philosophers and scientists; their greatness ensues from their use of "simpleness" to appeal and/or educate the masses of their time. (Ironically, the simplest things in life are also the hardest to describe.) I hope you chose the masses because you have shown your potential here in this article (if you break down the article you will see that your choice of words are simpler than your other posts), but more importantly because it also includes me and I wouldn't want to miss out on you.

      I will end this long boring comment with the below link to showcase the profound effect from the careful choice of simple words (even though the subject may not be relevant to your area of interests, I believe the principle of simpleness and beauty in broader context holds good):
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FMNFvKEy4c

      Delete
    3. Hi,

      To spread my wings into broader contexts is a conscious effort that I sometimes do though this particular post is not a conscious try.I was hardly aware of the kind of audience who would cross my page. The potential to reach out to the masses haven't been explored much yet. Thanks for reminding me that I am not so distant from it. "Petty done, undone vast"...It is when we write and write that we "evolve" and identify the possibilities, weaknesses and strengths. And commentators like you inflame those explorations:)

      Thanks for the link. Literature is life! My area of interest extends to anything which is of human interest and existence:)

      PS: You are no more anonymous to me. I spotted you:P And got the idea how you reached me too!

      Delete
    4. Ahh.. ok! so you are the same person? I had asked my sister yesterday to investigate :) and let me know if both are same. I for one would like to have someone intelligent enough to read 'the critique of pure reason' and explain it to me- tried once or twice and failed hard! maybe my mind has gotten accustomed to computer commands, its really frustrating sometimes. Time is not my friend either in this profession. My dream is to be an investigator of human thoughts and yearn to understand that simple process in creation of consciousness or patterns of thought. I believe the process is so simple that it completely escapes human grasp. By now you might have guessed my obsession with the word "simple". :)

      Anyways let us know if you are interested, also if you are not; I see more parameters against this happening, but hey! one life, no regrets, no stones unturned.. in other words worth a shot! :)

      Delete
    5. Yeah the same person!
      Glad to know that there are still people like you (especially from an entirely different field) who have genuine interest in philosophers like Kant and his Critique of Pure Reason. Prima!:)
      If you really yearn to understand topics like consciousness and thought patterns I would like to suggest you the teachings of Jiddu Krishamurty. His prose is rather "simple" to be cracked and grasped and I am sure you would find his philosophy unique, interesting and worth to be known of.
      And regarding the "other" matter, our response has been sent to your Gmail by my "concerned authorities" [though we are not sure of your mail Id that we managed to get, (we would like to get your correct Id)]
      Anyways it's nice to have met someone like you. Hard and rare to find similar tastes! Despite what ever turns out visit my page once in a while so that I can be with some interesting souls here:)


      Delete
  7. Thanks, Noted!

    I didn't get any mails if you have already sent it, here is my correct email id: riazibrahim86@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete