Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It isn't me/Is this you?


It was a long time back
I envisaged my dad’s hair growing white like some other wrinkled men
And worried how I could kiss his black mustache so audaciously any longer
And told him never to let his hair grow grey/white.
There was a smile-
Then I was told that I am too small for such a melancholy
Such a thought
And that I would laugh at it
When I would be no more SMALL- for melancholies.

You own something terrible-
An irksomely terrible tool
Of detecting my -f r a g m e n t e d- self-
It’s as if a part of me would buzz off
From the middle of something
And you would be there at the other side
Hearing me gasping, sweating, and gulping in my unhealed sighs.
I think neither you fear/contempt it- this fragmentation-
Nor you felt it as an enigma.
There was only a leisurely slowness and softness
Sans wonder, sans angst.
But you have always tried to catch my eye
Into the black lush sympathetic eye of yours
Tenderly signifying
That I am starting to be “divided”.
There is grace in it,
A glary wise grace of necessity, appropriateness and inevitability.
A grace just like when you smiled
At my small melancholy over the possibility of a white mustache.

I long to be too small for having melancholies
Too naïve for this conscious fragmentations
So that I can lean on to you
Or cling on to your neck
Nagging you to heed my shouts of premonitions
Anticipations
Frustrations
Shouts out of my subjectivity-which splits and wavers and shifts and pounds itself.
Shouts of my eerie vexations floating on my head.
So that there will be glassy emotions
Unmasked conspicuous brazen deformities
Unmodified words and unabashed guilt.
I long to cling on to you
So that I can pick up the left pieces of me here and there and drag them into
-ONE-
So that I won’t search for my self
And say that “this isn’t me!”
And so that you won’t ask me someday
“Is this you?”







21 comments:

  1. Nasnin,such a delight to read your verses:) This one has all the child like innocence:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sir. It's an absolute delight to have you here too...much regards:)

      Delete
  2. Lovely Daughter You Are!
    The last lines .. I refuse to stop savouring them!
    So many emotions flooded unto me .. a daughter who suffers seeing the wrinkles and a mom who anticipates the "is that you?"
    Lovely Nasnin..Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Pygma...I think you have a very different interpretation here...especially last lines...I totally meant a different feel...the anticipated question is from dad towards the occasionally fragmented "me"..."Is that you?"...and I haven't yet seen the wrinkles in him...unfortunately he still looks young and handsome with black black mustache:P (dad is the one who detects my fragmentation- I think you took it quiet the opposite way and I think I am getting more and more unclear in my presentations;)
      But...when I read it once more with the way you took it I could really found that apt possibility of a different meaning and theme altogether...now I think it can be read from two angles! Wow Pygma...you always bring some magic:)

      Delete
    2. I have changed the "you" to "he"...now I think it looks quiet apparent:) What do you think?

      Delete
    3. Ha ha Nasnin... I didnt think otherwise dear..
      I was just telling you how it came upon me.. I see wrinkles on my dad and I see a future fragmentation in my seven year old:-)
      Anyways you pamper me lots .. love dear

      Nasnin.. the 'You' was so evident.. It was a one -to - one, na?
      Hehhee, here I think what went 'wrong' is our age my dear.. the theme is clear and so are you.. My comment wasnt that clear though! Hugs..

      Delete
    4. ha ha ha...am sorry Pygma dear...I am little crazy now a days...so much preoccupied even...anyways I think "you" would suit more than "he":) And hey...your seven year old little guy is gonna vex you with his future fragmentations even more than older generations...kids now a days are bombs!...and am damn sure you would be good at detecting it since you are a lion:P

      I am really sorry misinterpreting your comment:)

      Delete
  3. melancholic ... but beautifully written... i guess part of growing up is that we encounters so many unwanted sorrows that were once only a distant thing... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah true..."unwanted sorrows"! Thanks Israr! Glad that you liked it! Regards:)

      Delete
    2. come back girl..its been a long tiem...

      Delete
    3. Hi Israr,

      How sweet! It's really touching to know that someone is concerned about the dormancy of my blog! Thanks a lot dear for the visit:)

      I would like to come back....I miss my Scribblings...(though I keep on scribble out of this screen)It's just that the right time is so often get occupied by other things.....it feels that there is so much to write, so much of thoughts clustered and floated inside brimming to be spilled! I 'll be back soon:)

      My warm regards:)

      Delete
  4. Too small to have melancholies... Now isn't that a delightful wish. Sigh !
    Parents have this enigmatic ability - to detect when you need them the most. I love the way you have portrayed this by the signal of fragmentation - the absence of cohension. There is indeed a grace, a worldly wisdom to it.
    White moustache - of all possible things. I chuckled :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ankur! It's really nice to have your comment since it always strike the chord....you stack out the feel exactly I want it from my words...:)Thanks a lot:)

      Delete
  5. Hey Nasnin.. how long have i stayed away from those wonderful writings of you.. I come here often and read often too.. but then I get lost with words.. There are still a part of that innocent child in us, that remembers what it was to be a child! to be innocent.. to be dependent on dad.. to think that only he is the utmost athority and super hero.. to think that nothing would change him.. and this verse is for that part of us!! thanks a million dear.. for the concept and those wonderful words..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dear....it's been a long time! So so happy to see you here...thanks a lot..."maturity is all about loosing innocence!"...isn't it?(Got this from a recent film)
      Thanks dear:) Regards:)

      Delete
    2. Indeed it is..!!! I kind of miss u in my blog too!!

      Delete


  6. Clinnovo is offering internships,Online courses,Post graduate diploma courses in Clinical Research,Clinical Data Management,clinical data management courseImaging analysis.

    Ph: 9912868928 04064635501 contact@clinnovo.com www.clinnovo.com

    ReplyDelete