Thursday, May 3, 2012

"In Me Nothing is Extinguished or Forgotten!"


Good things buried should be resurrected.  Good things forgotten should be remembered. Good things however painfully gnawing should be stoically endured. The days were retrospective, melancholic, restless, hazed and foggy, insipid and plane.

I saw the stolen glassy rays from the tree tops playing on your cheeks
And I felt the bubbles of poetry clustering on my head
They refused to take shape
They dissolved the moment they were bulged
Like unrained clouds dissolving into nothing
Unblessed Water unblessed Rain
Unblessed Poetry.

Can you see me in the dark when your eyes sail far into the empty space at nights? Once I described you as a perpetual agony of my soul. Are you the same? Differences can hardly be seen for eyes whose vision is oblivion to the dalliance of colours. Colours once so subtle and effervescent. So tender and watery, they spilled and smeared on my fancy that I could almost see the stains on my fingers. There was a time I could imagine you in hues of sepia, your every detail, every angle wafting the embalmed memories of antique love. Like you and I have evolved from incarnated idols. I tried to embody you in strange metaphors for there was nothing as gratifying as poetry for praise. Some people are so beautiful that no truth will impart glory to them. Words should weep if thoughts never born for them in diluted truth and diluted lies. I searched for words that would make you want to disappear, to make you want to live only in words. Good things will resurrect never to give redemption for the liar in me. Never to give redemption for the frailty in me. For the sinner in me. Lie, frailty and sin. Sometimes they are too good to be bad.  You make me an old woman waiting for a redeemer who does not exist. You make me a little girl leaning onto the stairs for a visitor who does not exist. For I have made you invisible inch by inch from the moment we met. I thought I can’t but I could. I rubbed my eyes and saw your eclipsed beauty lamenting in the light. I made you invisible. It was hilarious to see you unseen in the light, your truth lost among the lights. I laughed.

Infatuations must die. But wait. It should go a long way. Let me leap into the fire for no water to extinguish it so soon. There is completeness to be half burnt. Infatuations not pernicious should not be loathed later.  As long as the tempter and the temptation are not known of it, it’s as sweet as untold melancholy lisping itself in the ever consuming time. Be not grieves of the evanescence of your charm. It will feed itself even in the drought of passion and dream. “In me nothing will be extinguished or forgotten”. Good things buried deep should be resurrected to blow your redemption out. Good things are never to be redeemed for redemption is often for the bad than the good;)



17 comments:

  1. Good things in form of your lovely writings appear after long breaks Nasneen:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much:) You never fail to be here and I am so glad to see you here everytime:)

      Delete
    2. Actually nothing extinguishes; it just goes in the sub conciousmind and is ready to re-appear at will in the form of an old movie with youself at the centre.

      Delete
  2. Sorry typo for your name Nasnin:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he...never mind...my name often gets misspelt and mispronounced...I am used to it:)

      Delete
  3. Infatuations must die. But wait. It should go a long way. Let me leap into the fire for no water to extinguish it so soon. There is completeness to be half burnt. Infatuations not pernicious should not be loathed later...

    As always well written..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was written so beautifully..in me nothing extinguishes..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This feels uncannily like a continuation of your last post...
    Redemption and Resurrection - you seem to have dissected these words of all its guises and veils with a surgeon's precision and laid it out bare naked in the open for all to see and feel. Emotions divested and stripped of all its vulgarities, can be painfully easy to confront :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Emotions divested and stripped of all its vulgarities, can be painfully easy to confront".....How can it be conveyed prettier! You struck the chord...as always!:)

      Delete
  6. From totally abstract to concretely abstract.
    I am seeing a different Nasnin here.. long way to go!
    and Extinguish not! Forget not!
    Add more embers .. to glow ..to ignite .. the words which emanante from your finger tips will be much more beautiful! Love always <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pygma....I am ignited! Be with me here always....
      to enlighten
      to enkindle
      to ablaze my words
      to simply smile:)
      Love and love and love Pygma:)

      Delete
  7. Haah, am dropping here after a long time Nasnin. Was away from the blogosphere for quite sometime! Solid thoughts I would say! I just loved the way you ended it... "Good things are never to be redeemed for redemption is often for the bad than the good" hahaha, sometimes it happens :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anand,

      Yeah I felt that you may be way from blogosphere....haven't seen you around for a pretty big time!I am extremely glad to see you back here:) Thanks a lot Anand:) Waiting for your new Post:)

      Delete
  8. but alas...it seems like only bad things remain in the mind forever...the good things seems so little :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your writing is lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abstract!

    Love.
    www.inthepourainrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete