Thursday, December 22, 2011

"I don’t know them any more!"


The reality sieves through my pensive mesh of loneliness. For sometime it would roam on my mindscape, looking up and putting its hands together for an ugly clap to pull my feet downwards. Carpe Diem! It evokes embarrassment in me, a kind of abashment which scolds the lack of self-abnegation. To drink a day to the lees without leaving a dreg would sounds like moments circumscribed within one’s own vicinity of interests and nothing else. And where are the other “ME-s”? Wonderful are the people who can do it. People who are selfless even to a small extend, to sacrifice their interests, to outflow, to be for others, to live for them, to be unconcerned what one to oneself is. To feel salvation by others’ smiling faces. It’s simply noble!  

Predictability! There is secureness in it. Calmness and certainty. For me it was always wearisome. People unpredictable propels a kind of excitement. I long for them. A wilderness that can give you space for guessing and re-guessing only to be fooled and surprised. “Family…” is so tender, their eyes make you haste away your rotten longings, like a bird combing back its ruffled feathers. It’s the only place for which I can leave the “carpe diem” to starve and wilt. There are laughs, hugs and affections bestowed in plenty from all sides. Love and regards mellifluously sung. But somewhere it’s so "Puritan". There is suffocation brimming, “throbbing waiting”, “I shall be rush out as I am” (Never thought that I would fall in love with Eliot’s Waste Land. Tiresias came with me at several reads. But then Love is unpredictable isn’t it?) Close those windows or my soul may fly out!  

Loneliness- it rustles behind the curtain waiting to be pulled back its silken fabric, to be viewed and acknowledged. Loneliness- Sssshhh…hold your tongue and sit still- I know you long to be stroked, cared, nursed and respected. You grow despicable because you’re always orphaned at the beginning of your existence. I would come to you when sleep buries all. Come along. Together we can interpret the ambiguities of silence- Silence which builds frontiers before us- silence chopped off and detached from us- silence embraced and melted with in us- silence immaculately pleasing. Come along. We shall rush out as we are. I long for my feet to be steeped in wet sand, waves to swish over my skin, trailing back with its white froth. The blackened moon is shifting its place in the blue infinity. We can tilt our heads and see the stars emerged and sprinkled in shapes awaiting to be sort out. I have got my tears- evapourating the bleeding soul. Hold my hand; we can build castles in this shore, only to be tampered by some sporting wind. Do you hear those words thundering? "As flies to the wanton boys are we to the Gods, they kill us for their sport!" What’s our little love in this galaxy? You cannot pluck the stars and collect it on your basket, can you? Still hope rejuvenates the desires. Do you see those worms emptying their belly to get fed on us? Let’s gaze at each other and have a straight smile, to be sanctified before they shame us on our graves!

Words once written seem to loosen their feel from the heart, packing up their aroma and taste, they look back with a blunt stare and leave me without waving goodbyes. They go away as quietly as a scribbled paper drifting towards someone’s doorstep, like a fading whistle in an empty street……..And then…"I don’t know them any more!”

18 comments:

  1. well.. there is only one problem in your writings and that is when i start reading, i get so much absorbed in a sentence that i forget what was written in the previous sentence... an absolute dessert of a post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nasneen, your posts get better by the day..loved..

    Words once written seem to loosen their feel from the heart, packing up their aroma and taste, they look back with a blunt stare and leave me without waving goodbyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, sheer brilliance as always, my dear Nasnin!

    I love this writing and I found myself especially getting entangled in the 'Loneliness' paragraph. So many well crafted lines of beautiful poetic imagery!!

    "I long for my feet to be steeped in wet sand, waves to swish over my skin, trailing back with its white froth. The blackened moon is shifting its place in the blue infinity. We can tilt our heads and see the stars emerged and sprinkled in shapes awaiting to be sort out. I have got my tears- evapourating the bleeding soul."

    Ahh, I have no words appropriate enough to bring justice to such BEAUTY!

    Fabulous ending para that leads back to the title ~ BRAVO! Another masterpiece :)

    Much Love to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulation for your gud effective post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am already late! and please spare me I will come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nasnin, How immaculaletly pleasing!!!
    The reality sieves, lack of self abnegation, wise use of carpe diem, drinking to the lees ..chewing greedily on the dregs too.. ahaaaa loved the way you dragged me along!
    We bring in predictability by harnessing our unpredictable vibrant minds.. and giving in to the family and still yearning for the windows.. you bring it out so beautifully dear!
    The beauty of loneliness is ofcourse the sweet pain and awaiting the curtain raiser..its like tie a rubber band on your pointer finger, so tight as to stop the circulation.. enjoying the pain and then releasing the band to feel the flow and release of pain.. an even sweeter pain..
    And the last para is the most charming of all.. Even I dont know them anymore... Love you Nasnin
    And You were with me as an illusion whenever i looked at the neem leaves fluttering in the light breeze :) Enjoyed reading you again after a long while..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, enjoyed reading your thoughts, Karima

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Israr: Thanks dear:) What a compliment! Regards:)

    @Ruchi: Thanks for dropping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Stephen: Thanks for the visit. Nice words:)

    @Rahul Bhatia: You never fail to be here. And I am so thankful for your time and encouragements:) Much delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Fiona: Goosebumps...by your words! Much much much love and regards! I don't want to say more and spoil that loveliness on your comment! Happy new year...love:)

    @Naveen: Thanks for the visit and the comment:)

    @KP: Please take your own time dear! I know you will be back:) Love:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Pygma: Your words...Immaculately pleasing....and how do you encapsulate the entire thing in one wave, in such a few words? Sigh sigh....I would like to collect all your comments and frame them...:) Love,love and love....and I missed you Pygma:) Hope you had a good time at your vacation and super glad that I was there...as an illusion...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Karima: Oh thanks dear...happy to see you here...regards:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great post Nasnin.. Sorry am super late here... First things first; my new year wishes to you :)

    I second Muhammad Israr's comment. Every line I read, I get absorbed to an extent of what was written in the previous line :) The predictability part was my favorite. Let me tell you again, you've a great command over the language :)

    Take care..


    Cheers,
    Anand.

    ReplyDelete
  14. BLOGGER ATTENDANCE SHEET FOR NASNIN

    2 january Absent
    3 january Absent
    4 january Absent
    5 january Absent
    6 january Absent

    you have only one day left after which you will be expelled :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Anand: Hi dear... New Year Wishes! And hey no need for that sorry and all:) I know you might have been busy:)
    Much regards:) Have a nice weekend:)

    @Israr: he he he....Oh no teacher...please don't expel me...I am on my way...how can I miss your class....especially Sherlock Holmes'! And I think this time the devil out of the khali khopri has rocked the stage! checkout my comment there:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Nasnin... Happy new year!

    Need I say that this is a lovely post? Well let me.. a very wonderful magical post! that after reading the mood in which I was in.. (kind of) deepened.. the melancholy in the loneliness encapsulates me feeling similar yet far different.. I am pampering it!

    Anyway loved every of the words..!

    Keep writing dear..

    Regards,
    Krishnapriya

    ReplyDelete