Monday, September 26, 2011

Hamartia


How is it like to die after an encounter with each moment to be reborn in the next? The dark circles of the incomplete thoughts, memories and experiences loom over the sunken eyes as if to leap over the coming moment to extinguish its luster. The deep cuts on the old trunk are easily noted than the freshly emerging mushy leaves. The newborn leaves are lost among the dusty large stark ones...these old ones whine and whine, loudly rustling in the wind to be noticed and the new tenuous soft rhythm of the fresh leaves with the silken sways never reaches the blunt ears. And if I could listen with a much more heedfulness, I may hear that delicate noise or may be even capture the sound of the roots which was ever unheard and unattended. 


From wake to sleep (never know the exact boundary) the mind strolls through illusions...sometimes engrossed in the thrilling overturns in a narration, the goosebumps by the vomited imagination hung before me from an eloquent mind, sometimes the arresting all pervasive fluctuations in a song...perverse priorities and nonsensical persuasions. Nonsense excites my senses and the brazen irrationality can never be beaten down for there is a natural prone to it. Is it my hamartia? Existentialism and its niceties have a strong hand on my scudding bunch of "ideas scraps". "The greatness of man is that none can save him". I long to discern the true distinct face of my hamartia before the attack of a disillusionment. I don't know whether a disillusionment should be taken positively or negatively. May be there will not be a disillusionment and may be my hamartia is not that grave and drastic to be the cause of an unaware disaster. I wish to be a pebble in a sprightful stream so that I get constantly washed off by the running water...washed and washed...dying each moment  never knowing what it is to be like burning in the hot fumes of the past. I like to tag the "fuming past" as "hamartia" of the collective suffering human conscience. (I think I am more vulnerable to absurdities now a days...sometimes it soothes me much more than logicality).  

12 comments:

  1. It's nicely written, I love the way you write each sentence. I searched on net for Hamartia and I found it means, 'fatal flaw' having greek origin. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Saru

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god
    your thinking great

    i love your post

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoVELy
    http://my-littlee-secrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. Your words. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Nasnin,

    How nice it is to be able to pen down each of those lapsing thoughts and the little guilt’s and regrets in life with out being judged.. I loved ur writings as usual, and the thought is inspiring, the comparison with leaves, the way u see the rustling as whining.. is very different..

    I wish too.. to be reborn from the ashes like a phoenix, with a slight variation.. I need to have the memories of past to make me stronger..

    Take care.. Keep writing..

    Regards,
    KP

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Saru: You are right. "Hamartia" means "tragic flaw" or "fatal flaw" and it is a term referred to as the cause of downfall of any hero in ancient classical Greek Tragedies. It may be any mental weakness,sometimes "hubris"(pride) or any other character flaw which the protagonist is unaware of and the realization of it is called"Anagnorisis"! Most often the realization is too late culminating in a dreadful ending! The tragic series of King Oedipus by Sophocles is an excellent example. If you are interested in it go through some of those plays. You will surely love it!

    Thank you so much dear and warm regards:-)

    @Dilshad: Thanks a lot:-)

    @aman: Thank you:-)

    @zeba: Thanks for dropping by:-)

    @KP: Phoenix! I could have used that metaphor! My posts always whine for your feedback...and highly gratified that you savoured that comparison:-)

    My warm regards and love! Take care sweet heart:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think i should send you to the greek times when i invent the time machine :) there you will be a famous author and writing tragedies...i am in awe of how beautifully you write..each sentence has a deep meaning and can be explained in so many ways... keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Israr:-) I loved your comment! Greek literature fascinates me and though it is often labelled that ancient Greek writings have a bit of exaggerated tone, the thoughts are so far ranging and there is scarcely any idea not discussed by the Greeks! SO I would love to go back to the ancient Greek times:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, tomorrow is the due date for me to submit my take home test. it is about the development of philosophy. when I was doing it, I could feel the feeling of those philosophers when there were no theories to describe what is this and that. Life will be just more complicated when we take it seriously.

    xoxo,
    http://rosalinaaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey Nasnin, a nice read... Only you can make the gloomy topics to read interesting... :)

    "I wish to be a pebble in a sprightful stream so that I get constantly washed off by the running water...washed and washed...dying each moment" - loved these lines... keep it up :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all thanks a billion for your kinds words I really need that :).
    I can see depth in your writing .Its amazing to read things like that .

    Follow each other :),

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Rosalina: Thanks a lot for dropping by and leaving that thoughtful comment! I have checked out your blog and it's lovely:-)

    @Anand: Thanks Anand...sometimes it's despair and restlessness that poke us a need to write. Some dark thoughts cant resist themselves from being spelled out...thanks for those good words:-)

    @Izdiher: A nice name you have! Thanks for your valuable feedback and yes I am there in your sweet blog :-)

    ReplyDelete