Thursday, August 18, 2011

Slip of Fingers!


I live in my fingers
The fingers which deck my haughty eyes
The fingers which tickle my ears,
With the turning of the forbidden keys
I dart out to the forbidden space
To be ravished and chiseled by the rain
My anklets unquiet 
Drenched and dripped 
With the pattering piercing downfall
When the convulsions of the intoxication wither
I dexterously elude the repercussions
And brush off the silent judgments
With a foxy tag of "slip of fingers!"

I no longer drape the nudity of my ragged mind
I no longer pull the cloak over me
To curb the blizzard of brickbats 
No longer shrivels my charmed naivety,
By the envy of the bliss of a crawling infant
For I am cauterized by the burning embers
Embers of the forlorn past!
And as these words are born
I would like you to tag this 
 As slip of mind
Wedded with slip of fingers!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful thought, 'nudity of my ragged mind' is an awesome phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itz written with an extreme feminine charm,so sprightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and what it causes is a slip of heart beat?? this was soooo good.. :) I told u.. u rock in poetry:)
    keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a small concern.. I guess u missed a 'd' in drenched an dripped..?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Saru: Thanks dear...so delighted to know that that phrase caught specific attention!

    @Femil: The feminine charm was not intended...but glad to know that it propels that charm:-)

    @KP: You are a sweet heart don't you...yes I missed a "d" in there.."slip of fingers!"...thanks sweety for your concern...take care:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely lines...beautifully crafted words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting thought. Even in a very literal context, now that I come to think of it, a lot of what we think and plan and do, involved the fingers. We contemplate in our mind, but the finger executes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly! The fingers execute!...And we are rarely aware of it! Thanks for visiting:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I wished, I could pen down such beautiful poems :(
    Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @suma dear: Thanks for dropping by..thanks dear:-)

    @Ayushi: Thanks a lot:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And as these words are born. i would like you to tag this. as slip of mind wedded with slip of fingers. i really loved your writin :)...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely nasnin dear.. i specially loved the "turning of the forbidden keys".. like the alice in wonderland.. i withdraw into my fantasy world too
    Superb Slip of the Mind .. slippery slope indeed:)
    And Nasnin, this time the delay was purposive, i wanted to read this when mind is free from all work.. and it soothed me:)love u, tc

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pygma dear...how beautifully you appreciate my writings! You really relish what I exactly wants to convey! Love you and Take care:-) Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful Nasnin.. Loved the lines "I no longer drape the nudity of my ragged mind
    I no longer pull the cloak over me"... Your imagination and the flow of language is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot Anand:-) Feels glad by that compliment!

    ReplyDelete