Monday, May 23, 2011

STILL???

Stillness...the night is still...in some of the quiet minutes in my room I often think of "stillness of mind"...may be because that's what I felt as most confusing and unattainable of Krishnamurty's teachings...the continuously chattering mind...mind blabbering even before sleep...this restlessness...this inability to wipe out the all smeared words which stains the whole consciousness...smothering the whole being... if words may withdraw themselves, thoughts may stop poisoning."Me" just as a "bundle of memories"..." memories as responses to thoughts, responses to the thoughts on past". Why can't I be still...???...be still with this still night...be still with the stillness of those leaves...or even quiet...just like the quietness in the swaying of those straggling boughs which're not supposed to be quiet when they sway...why this internal mess...this psychological crippleness??? I want the stillness which is not the stillness of sleep...which's not the stillness of the dead...but the stillness of the completely awakened mind."Can I be still???"

7 comments:

  1. the night is not still, my dear..not even the dead(decomposition and stuff..goes on for millions of years)..i like the thought though :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am stilled by what I just read! Its like you poured out my thoughts onto paper, only that I would never have been able to express it like this! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear that...it's gratifying to know that the written words just reflected other minds too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! my dear, I read it again and again and if your mind is still, you never will be creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like most people don't like stillness since it's stands parallel to inertness and mental bareness...well every state can be redefined and be looked from a different perspective if the preoccupied notions are wiped out...so is the case with stillness.The problem is that we are "still" with our "conditioned ideas".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it.. unite me with myself.. in unison... stillness pours in without a beat..
    Thanx for visiting pygmalion.. do keep coming

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Dea.... Nc,U R Really Great......This World Is Too Small To Shelter You!!!Gud Thoughtzzzz!

    ReplyDelete